- Supporting Procurement category initiatives - Cross category market analysis and sourcing support including supplier selection and negotiation
- Support Category Teams with Transactional Purchasing - First line review on PO's, including escalations (unpaid invoices, missing GR, unapproved PO's by business/finance etc.)
- Catalogue management for medium to high volume, low cost items e.g. IT accessories.
- Influential in the selection of potential suppliers/solution partners in their category.
- Active involvement with Category Leads and other Category team members.
- Identify and recommend process improvements between SC and SSC.
- Positive and proactive Contribution to relevant procurement strategies/Category Plans
- Solicits suppliers for products/services through formal RFQs / RFPs.
- Perform cost analysis and benchmarking
- Forecasting price and market trends and their impact on future activities
- Receives and evaluates proposals/ quotations ensuring risk mitigation, specification compliance, contractual adherence etc.
- Negotiates terms and conditions including pricing and delivers against specific savings targets ensuring the least cost/risk solution in order to ensure end-users needs are met.
- Maintains communication with CSC stakeholders throughout the procurement cycle.
- Create and operate a contract expiry calendar.
- PO review support to the Software team
- Compliance with CSC Procurement policies
- Communication with Prague SSC on category specific issues
- Ensure all contracts and key project activity is correctly created and managed throughout their lifecycle within Ariba
- Solicitation of competitive quotes at agreed threshold levels
- Extension of existing vendor set up for new Purchasing organisation
- Electronic signature process & Contract Terminations
- Creation of knowledge transfer training materials by job role
- Participation in the recruitment process